I love beetroots, certainly not a secret, if you look at my previous recipes. I hope you have already tried one or the other of my beetroot recipes like beetroot dip or beetroot salad with fresh horseradish. As you can read, I have a favor for combining beetroot with horseradish. Once you have tried it, you will understand why. The good thing is, you can prepare the Beetroot Soup with Apple Horseradish Froth incredibly well and take it with you to work, so that you have something healthy to eat. I find it difficult to eat healthy during the week.
Although we have a small kitchen with microwave at the office, which I use more frequently, but then I eat at the desk, because we have no nice and quiet place to eat. In addition, it is also nice to get out of the office from time to time and catch a little air. In addition, it is also nice to spend time with the colleagues outside the office. The you end up with a far too big portion and way too much money. Afterwards I need to fall into food coma and I am not really ready to work again.
I did not have time this weekend to prepare a few small goodies for the afternoon sugar crush, which unfortunately always happens. You probably know what I am talking about. Yes, we all know that apple would be a wise idea but those sweets your colleague is offering look so much more tempting. Therefore I try to create some goodies that give me the feeling of a special treat but are still kind of healthy, like my brownies or peanut butter protein bliss balls. Guess this week then I will cheer my colleagues up with some yummy Beetroot Soup with Apple Horseradish Froth.
Beetroot Soup with Apple Horseradish FrothPrint This
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion red
- 34 ounce Vegetable Broth
- 5-6 Beetroots – Depending on their size
- 1 small knot Ginger
- 1/2 Apple
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk – You can also use other milk but because of the soy lecithin the milk will foam better.
- 1 inch Horseradish – Fresh
- Sea Salt – For seasoning
- Black Pepper – For seasoning
- Peel the onions, cut them in small pieces and sautee in the coconut oil in a big pot until golden. Add the vegetable broth.
- Peel the beetroot and cut into smaller cubes and add to the broth as well as peeled and cut ginger. Cook for around 20 minutes, depends on how big your beetroot cubes were. Add the coconut milk and puree the soup.
- Should the soup be too thick, you can add some more broth or coconut milk. Season with some sea salt and black pepper if needed.
- Cut the apple in some small pieces and heat together with the soy milk in a pot. Further peel and grate the horseradish, also add to the soy milk. Have everything simmer for 5 minutes. Poor everything through a sieve, then foam the soy milk with your mixer.
- Top your beetroot soup with the apple horseradish froth.