I know cauliflower can have this strange taste, a bit too much of cabbage but with some white wine and cashew butter you will love that taste promise of Cauliflower White Wine Soup. This is also the perfect soup as a starter for a fancy dinner since it looks so amazing in color and your guests will love it. I am a huge soup fan, especially since they safe time and yes, also money. I can prepare a big pot of soup and then freeze the left over soup in portions. That way I always have some healthy food that I can take to work with me or reheat quickly after I get home from work. If you are not a fan of creamy soups, try my Jerusalem Saffron Soup.
Cauliflower is not only yummy but also very healthy. Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that supposedly kills cancer cells. Especially the combination with turmeric is supposed to fight against prostate cancer. Not sure if either cauliflower nor turmeric really kills cancer but for sure it is good for your health. Further sulforphane is supposed to support heart and kidney health. So this Cauliflower White Wine Soup is not only a filling meal but also liquid medicine.
If you try to incorporate spices and different vegetables and fruits into your diet you can support your health. Try to eat as many different colors of vegetables and fruits each day as possible. When you have a variety of fresh foods chances you eating needed vitamins, minerals and antioxodants is quite high. For roasting the cauliflower you can either mix your own spice mixture or buy already prepared once. Just make sure you read the label and there are no artificial flavors in it. I am lucky and have found the great spices of “Brian’s Way Of Life“. Brian is the owner of an amazing restaurant “Brian’s Steak and Lobster” in my neighborhood in Hamburg. Brian is so passionate about his work and especially about food. He loves to create new dishes all the time and wants to share his love for great food with others. I am pretty sure he would like this Cauliflower White Wine Soup a lot.
Cauliflower White Wine SoupPrint This
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 Onion – chopped
- 2 cups White Wine dry
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Cashew Butter
- 2 tbsp Beach Rub Waikiki – or any spice mixture with chili, turmeric, pepper, cumin etc.
- 4 tbsp Pomegranate Kernels
- Sea Salt – for seasoning
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- Wash your cauliflower head and cut of the roses of the cauliflower, put some on the side for the topping. For the rest cut everything including the stems into pieces. Peel the onion and cut into small cubes.
- Heat one tsp coconut oil in a pot until golden, then add the cauliflower and deglaze later with one cup of white wine. Add the vegetable broth, nutmeg and have everything simmering for around 40 minutes.
- After around 30 minutes add the rest of the white wine and the cashew butter to the soup. 10 minutes later puree everything until you have a smooth texture.
- In a pan heat the other tsp coconut oil and add the really small cauliflower roses as well as the lemon juice. Then add the 2 tsp Beach Rub Waikiki (or any other mixture of the mentioned spices). Roast your cauliflower until they are done and have some roasting aroma.
- Serve your cauliflower soup with some pomegranate kernels and spicy cauliflower on top