Swiss Chard is a healthy and versatile vegetable. Other names for swiss chard are also mangold, spinach beet or silver beet and can be found on farmers markets, health food stores and more and more supermarkets. Further swiss chard is extremely healthy. Chard contains a high amount of Vitamin K and Vitamin A. Therefore you should give chard a try. These Raw Chard Wraps with Saffron Mango Dip are not only easy to prepare but make a great appetizer or snack.
Additionally I do love wraps in pretty much any form. Therefore when I was at the farmers market in Hamburg this Saturday and saw this bright chard, right next to all those other vegetables I build these Raw Chard Wraps with Saffron Mango Dip in my head. The mango dip has sweetness and flavor so that it adds another dimension to the dish.
For this reason you should making Raw Chard Wraps with Saffron Mango Dip a chance. In case you can not find swiss chard at a store you could also use Romain lettuce for the wraps. Since the wraps do not get soggy you can prepare them a head. Consequently at least every other week Raw Chard Wraps with Saffron Mango Dip are one of my work lunches.
My Chard Wraps with Saffron Mango Dip are filled with Carrots, Beets, Cucumber and Mint. Regardless of my choice you can use whatever is in your fridge.
IDEAS FOR FILLING YOUR RAW CHARD WRAPS WITH SAFFRON MANGO DIP:
- Rice noodles
- Red Peppers
I am pretty sure when opening the door of your fridge or being at the farmers market you will come up with more ideas for your Chard Wraps with Saffron Mango Dip filling.
Chard Wraps with Saffron Mango DipPrint This
What you need for the Chard Wraps?
- 8 Swiss Chard Leaves
- 2 Carrots – Julienned
- 1 Red Pepper – Julienned
- 1/2 small Cucumber – Julienned
- 1 Beet
- 2 springs Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 springs Cilantro
What you need for the Saffron Mango Dip?
- 1 cup Mango – ripe, diced
- 1/2 small Jalapeno Chili – No seeds
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1 tsp Ginger Freshly – grated
- 2 tbsp Grape Seed Oil
- 1 tbsp Tamari – or Soy Sauce if you are not gluten-free
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 1/2 Lime Juice of the Lime
How to make Chard Wraps with Saffron Mango Dip?
- Wash, peel your vegetables and julienne them.
- Wash your leaves of chards, dry them with some paper towels. Place the leaves on a cutting board, cut out the stem through cutting along the stem. You will be left with two halves of a leaf.
- Place one half on a paper towel, the wider side facing you. Place the vegetables on to the chard leaf, have the vegetables sticking out on each side. Do not use too many or your wrap will be unstable.
- Wrap the chard around your vegetables by rolling it up. Once you’ve reached the end, place the roll seam side down onto your plate. Repeat with the remaining leaves and vegetables until you are done.
- Add all the ingredients for the Saffron Mango Dip to a blender. Blend on high speed until you have a smooth texture.
- Taste and maybe season with some salt and/or pepper.
- Serve the dip with the Chard wraps.
The Saffron Mango Dip also works well with Summer Rolls.