You are looking for an easy recipe that also works as sould food? What about this gluten free recipe for Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes. For me, this is the perfect food to have while watching TV on a Sunday night. Today I am spending my day, getting my garden ready for spring and summer. Feeling very grateful to have a small garden even though I live pretty much in the city. Always fun to put your hands in soil and get them dirty. Good thing, while you are in the garden or doing something else, those Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes are in the oven and will be ready when you are.
If you are on Instagram and follow some other foodies, you probably already saw lots of Hasselback Potatoes variations. If you have not tried making any Hasselback potatoes yet, I hope you will get into the kitchen and make these Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes. The recipe is super easy and while they are in the oven, you have lots of time to do other things.
Little tip for cutting your Hasselback potatoes. Place on each side of the potatoe a chopstick that way you will not cut all the way through.
Cheesy Hasselback PotatoesPrint This
- 12 Potatoes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tsp Thyme
- 3 tbsp Cheese grated (Pecorino & Cheddar)
- Sea Salt – For seasoning
- Black Pepper – For Seasoning
- Wash your potatoes and cut them thinly, leaving around 1/4 of an inch at the bottom. You can place some chopsticks on each side to prevent cutting through. Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Place the potatoes with the uncut bottom on the baking sheet. Mix, olive oil, thyme, minced garlic and season with sea salt and black pepper. Brush that mixture on your potatoes before placing them in the oven.
- Bake your potatoes for around 50 minutes until crispy.
- Sprinkle the cheese on your potatoes and place them again for another 5 minutes in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve you Cheesy Hasselback potatoes alone, with a nice dip or as a side dish.For all vegans, those Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes are still amazing if you do not use cheese. They are crispy with amazing flavor.