As a child, KiBa, which is cherry banana juice, was one of my highlights, but it was only for special occasions. The important thing was of course the right pouring, so that the banana juice together with the cherry juice gave a nice pattern. Although my Kiba Bowl with maca and hemp protein does not offer a pattern, it’s still delicious. Honestly, I’m not sure why I rarely eat smoothie bowls for breakfast. Maybe because I’m more a friend of a hearty breakfast. If you like Smoothie Bowls try my Acai Bowl with Maca or the Mango Turmeric Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl as well.
On Easter day today, maybe because my beautiful, double-walled cups from bloomix laughed at me, I decided for the Cherry Banana Smoothie Bowl with maca and hemp protein. It is important for when having at breakfast that it contains healthy protein as well as healthy fiber. Especially if the sugar content of the fruits, even if they are healthy, increases, fiber should provide for a loger satisfaction. In addition to the fiber of the fruits, my bowl also contains fiber from hemp protein powder and gluten-free oatmeal. I also top chia seeds on my cherry banana smoothie bowl with maca and hemp protein.
The nice thing about breakfast bowls is that there is no limit to creativity. They are also great for making room in the fridge or freezer. Frozen fruits, almond milk and oatmeal as well as a few “superfoods” such as maca powder are mostly in my kitchen.
In any case, these ingredients make quick, healthy and delicious smoothie bowls. You can also prepare it the night before, so that in the morning you only add the toppings on to bowl. If you like smoothies rather than smoothie bowls, just add a little more liquid. Perfect for takeaway.
Incidentally, you should eat or drink sour cherries more often because they have many healthy factors.
Why sour cherries and thus Cherry Banana Smoothie Bowl with Maca and Hemp protein are so healthy?
- Due to the large number of phytochemicals, sour cherries have many healthy properties
- Sour cherries are rich in anthocyanins
- Due to the high anthocyanin content, sour cherries have an anti-inflammatory and oxidative stress effect
- Especially after an intensive sports session, sour cherries or sour cherry juice can relieve pain and ensure a faster recovery
- Sour cherries have similar effects due to the anthocyanins as ibuprofen or diclofenac but with fewer side effects
- The high melatonin content and can thus help with sleep problems
I think, in addition to the delicious taste, there are many reasons to eat more sour cherries. Especially in the frozen section you get sour cherries all year round for little money.
Vegan Cherry Banana Smoothie Bowl with Maca and Hemp ProteinPrint This
What do you need for the vegan Cherry Banana Smoothie Bowl with Maca and Hemp Protein?
- 1 cup Frozen Sour Cherries
- 1 Frozen, Ripe Banana – Best freeze in slices. You can also use a fresh banana.
- 4 tbsp Coconut Yoghurt – or and yoghurt of your choice
- 3 tbsp Gluten-free Oatmeal – or regula if you are not living gluten-free
- 2 tbsp Maca Powder
- 2 tbsp Hemp Protein Powder
- 1 cup Almond Milk – or milk of your choice
- For Topping: Chia Seeds, Goji Berries, Fresh Berries
How to prepare the Cherry Banana Smoothie Bowl with Maca and Hemp Protein?
- Put all the ingredients besides the topping in the blender.
- Blend until smooth. If it is too liquidy for you, add some more oatmeal or vice versa more almond milk.
- Pour the smoothie in a bowl and add the toppings of your choice.