While experimenting with aquafaba for some new dessert creations I also ended with lots of chickpeas. The question for those chickpeas was to come up with some new fun ideas besides homemade Hummus or Buddha Bowls. Fortunately chickpeas are not only extremely healthy but also versatile. Their nutty taste and the abundance of fiber makes them great ingredient for many dishes, also filling summer salads. This Chickpea Peach Salad with Ginger Dressing has nice flavors of peach, lemon and ginger and works really well with some Quinoa on the side. I highly recommend to be a bit adventurous about flavor pairings.
Some people struggle with healthy eating because the have not enough ideas of fast and easy dishes they can even prepare in advance. When you wake up starving or you come home with a stomach making funny noises then you need a quick fix. Unfortunately for a lot of people the quick fix is either opening a bag of chips, stoping at a fast food restaurant or putting a pizza in the oven. For some reason people think, that this is faster then fixing a real meal like this Chickpea Peach Salad mit Ginger Dressing. This is far from the truth.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO EAT HEALTHIER AND BE BETTER PREPARED?
Sure eating out is great and yes, once in a while enjoying some pizza, ordered Sushi or having chips is fun. But the good thing is if you do eat most of the time healthy and prepare your own food, which saves money, you can really celebrate those times. Therefore I want to share with you some things I do in order to be prepared.
- On Sunday evening I cook a big pot of Quinoa. During the week this makes it easier to mix up some quick lunches or dinners.
- Stack some frozen vegetables like peas or corn. You do not even have to cook them, only put them in your salad bowl in the morning and at lunch time they are ready to be eaten.
- Peel and slice some carrots, radishes, bell peppers or cucumbers that you can either snack on or just put in a Buddha Bowl or Salad. They are fine for 2-3 days when you keep them in a sealed container in your fridge.
- Prepare some hummus, beetroot dip or others to have a healthy, high protein snack with your vegetables.
- Grill some chicken breasts, put them in a sealed container. You can use the chicken for filling salads, sandwiches or add them to a soup.
- Have a freezer that is big enough to stack some containers. When you cook things like soup, curries or sauces prepare something extra and freeze them in small portions. That way you only need to re-heat them to have a quick, healthy dish.
If you do have more tipps on how people can be better prepared then please share below in the comments.
Vegan Chickpea Peach Salad with Ginger DressingPrint This
What do you need for making Chickpea Peach Salad?
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 6 big Tomatoes
- 3 Peaches
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro
What do you need for making Ginger Dressing?
- 2 tbsp Gluten free Ponzu Sauce – It is not that easy finding gluten free Ponzu Sauce. If you can not find it, use 1 1/2 tbsp Tamari and 1/2 tbsp Lime Juice. It is not the same but still yummy.
- 2 inch Ginger – peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Grape seed oil
- Sea Salt – For seasoning
- Black Pepper – For seasoning
How do you make the Chickpea Peach Salad?
- Drain the chickpeas. I like using the aquafaba for things like my almost healthy brownies. Put the chickpeas in a bowl
- Wash the peaches, get the pit out and cut in 1/2 inch cubes, add to the chickpeas.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut in half and with a spoon or finger take the seeds and liquid out. Cut the tomatoes the same size as your peaches and then add them to the bowl as well.
- Wash you cilantro, only take the leaves, chop them a bit and add as well.
How do you make the Ginger Dressing?
- Mix all ingredients for the Ginger Dressing, easiest in the blender, add to the bowl and let it sit for around 20 minutes before serving.