I am a huge supporter and fan of local farmers markets. They are so much fun since you will find products you have not seen in a supermarket yet. Farmers markets are amazing places to broaden your horizon and to try new things. Further you are able to talk with the suppliers about their products. You can understand more about the food you are eating. In addition you can be certain that it has not travelled around the world and is really in season. The best part is you do support your local community. Maybe you are lucky and you can find dandelion salad for this wonderful Dandelion Salad with Blueberry Mustard Dressing.
The sweetness of the blueberries also fits wonderfully with Ruccola salad. So if you have no dandelion available, you can take wonderful Ruccola. I promise the salad will taste just as good for you. Certainly, there are some who find the idea of dandelion, a weed, somehow strange. Here are a few facts why the weed dandelion is so healthy.
WHY DANDELION SALAD IS SO HEALTHY FOR YOU?
- Compared to most regular salads, dandelion has way more vitamins and nutrients.
- Dandelion has more than forty times as much pro-vitamin A as most regular salads.
- Dandelion shines with higher vitamin C and vitamin E content.
- Calcium, good for your bones, can also be found in the dandelion.
- The bitter substances in the dandelion assist your digestion by an increased stimulation of the bile, the liver and
- the pancreas.
- Dandelion has a dehydrating effect.
- Dandelion has a slightly antispasmodic effect.
Overall some good reasons to give this weed a try for your next salad. Maybe you are lucky and it even grows in your own garden. With this Dandelion Salad with Blueberry Mustard Dressing you will experience new flavors.
Dandelion Salad with Blueberry Mustard DressingPrint This
What do you need for the Dandelion Salad?
- 1/2 pound Dandelion Salad
- 5 ounce Porcini Mushrooms
- 6 tbsp Hemp Seeds
What do you need for the Blueberry Mustard Dressing?
- 12 ounce Blueberries – 8 ounce of the blueberries are for the dressing
- 3 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 5 tbsp Grapeseed oil or sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp Aceto Balsamico
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
How to make the Dandelion Salad with the Blueberry Mustard Dressing?
- Wash and dry the dandelion salad. If the leaves are too big slightly tear them. Pu everything in a bowl. Wash the blueberries, add 4 ounce of the blueberries to the dandelion.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them in thin slices, further add them to the bowl.
- Add the rest of the blueberries, the mustard, the oil, the Aceto Balsamico, the Lemon Juice and Agave Syrup to a blender.
- On high speed mix until the blueberries are incorporated and you have a smooth dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the bowl with the salad, mix and sprinkle the hemp seeds on top.
- Enjoy your Dandelion Salad with Blueberry Mustard Dressing!