Probably not the first time I am saying that but not the biggest breakfast person. To be correct, I do not like breakfast before 10 am. Most of the times I prepare some breakfast that is good to go like my Strawberry Chia Pudding or Minty Green Detox Smoothie. Once in a while, mostly on a weekend, I make a breakfast feast. What works better for a breakfast feast then some golden, gluten-free Oatmeal Waffles?
Not that I have left over waffles very often but you can freeze these gluten-free Oatmeal Waffles easily. In the morning when it needs to be quick you can just heat them again in your toaster. The good thing about those gluten-free Oatmeal Waffles they are really filling. As much as I love waffles I can not eat more then one.
Oat does contain fiber that are really filling. Still if you are celiac you need to be careful with oat in larger quantities. Oats still do contain small amounts of gluten. Supposedly oat gluten is handled better then other grains but they are not like buckwheat or so totally gluten free. If labeled gluten free they can still contain tiny amounts of gluten but in very low doses. Still listen to your body if you can handle them.
Another problem with oat can be cross contamination. They could have been in trucks that handled other grains or in mills that also grind other grains. Therefore I recommend to only by oat that is labeled gluten-free. Hope you like this recipe for gluten-free Oatmeal Waffles as much as I do.
Gluten-free Oatmeal WafflesPrint This
What do you need for making Gluten-free Oatmeal Waffles?
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour – Make sure it is gluten free
- 1 cup Almond Milk – or plant milk of you choice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract – or 1 scraped vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil – melted
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil – Melted, for your waffle iron
How to make Gluten-free Oatmeal Waffles?
- Besides the 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, combine everything with your mixer. Works better if your plant milk and eggs are at room temperature.
- Most important, after everything is mixed, wait around 15 minutes. The oats will well with the milk and this makes the perfect consistency later.
- Heat you waffle iron and bake some golden waffles.