It was quiet on my blog for a long time. 2017 was not an easy year. Especially personally, there were many challenges to master. Thanks to the help of my family and friends and the use of a lot of energy, I have managed that. Sometimes you come to a point where you have to take a step back to see the big picture again. For that I needed this time for myself and without my blog. I put a lot of passion, time and energy in this heart project but by the end of last year, my resources were used up. But I’m back with my Health Angel Yoga Granola.
I can advise anyone who sometimes feels that it is all too much to take a step back. There is no weakness to admit that you just can not do it anymore. Sometimes you just lose sight of your goal or yourself. But usually the problems do not solve themselves, if one continues in the hamster wheel and continues to do so. As Albert Einstein once said, “The purest form of insanity is to leave everything the same while hoping that something will change.” Since I wanted to change things in my life, I took the time to analyze what was really important to me. From the year 2017, I take some beautiful but also painful things with me, but they have taught me a lot. I admit, I could not wait to toast the New Year with a good glass of champagne.
Strangely, I have met few people who say something different about 2017. For most of my friends and colleagues, the unanimous opinion is that they are happy 2017 is over. 2018 stands for beginnings and new paths. All the more, I was delighted that a great woman decided to get together with other wonderful angels and start something beautful. Wiebke Lindemann has been a yoga teacher and personal trainer in Hamburg for years. In January she finally started together with Bettina Neidhardt, Silvia Sterath, Melissa Würz and Daniela Holm the Yoga Studio Health Angel Yoga in Othmarschen. As it stands so beautifully on her side, “Yoga for the heart and body, yoga for you and more mindfulness”.
I can really recommend the studio to you. Each of the 5 angels exudes so much zest for life and love for what they do that it can only inspire. Each represents their own philosophy and has its own way of teaching. But who believes Health Angel Yoga is only for women, he is wrong. The ladies offer various courses and workshops, even those which are only for the masters of creation – men.
In January I was fortunate to be able to support the opening with some of my Jules HappyHealthyLife creations. Guests were delighted with Coconut Matcha Bliss Balls, apple chips with cinnamon, peanut butter chocolate bars or kale chips. As a small goodie I packed for the guests small bags with a Health Angel Yoga Granola. It took a while, but now finally the recipe for Health Angel Yoga Granola is here. In the Health Angel Yoga Granola oatmeal, black sesame, pumpkin seeds, dried apricots with chai spices and especially fresh turmeric come together. The granola can simply be baked in the oven. If you have ideas for more granola flavors, please write in the comments.
Health Angel Chai Granola - Turmeric Chai GranolaPrint This
What do you need for Health Angel Granola – Turmeric Chai Granola?
- 2.3 cups Steel Cut Oats
- 0.5 cups Sunflower Seeds – Soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 0.5 cups Pumpkin Seeds – Soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 3/4 cups Black Sesame Seeds – Soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 1 cup Dried Apricots – Soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 3 ounce Coconut Oil
- 10 Dates
- 3.5 ounce Water
- 1.5 inch Turmeric – fresh or 3 tsp dried turmeric
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cloves – Dried
- 1 tsp Ginger – Dried or 1 inch grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
How to prepare the Health Angel Yoga Granola – Turmeric Yoga Granola?
- Put the water in a pot and add the grated turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper, dates and coconut oil to the pot. Boil once, then cool.
- Add the liquid to a blender and mix until you get a fine liquid.
- Drain the apricots and cut into small cubes.
- Drain pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds and put it in a big bowl. Add the oatmeal, chia seeds and apricot cubes. Mix well.
- Add the spice-date liquid to the bowl and stir well so that all ingredients are wet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the granola on a baking tray with baking paper. Bake the granola for 15-20 minutes, depending on how crispy you like it. After half of the time, mix with a spatula.