Normally I am the one ordering or serving wine and not cocktails. For this Lavender Vodka Cocktail I will exchange my wine in a second. To me this Lavender Vodka Cocktail is not only stunningly beautiful but also has very special taste. Please do not worry lavender is not only for beauty products. For centuries lavender has been used for cooking because of its healing qualities.
We all know that alcohol is not a health food, yes, agreed but I believe that in moderation it is fine. I might be wrong but once in a while I also see studies that for example a glass of red wine is healthy or gin. Looking at the Queens of United Kingdom, they do drink gin on a regular basis but in moderation. Queen Mum was 101 when she peacefully died and Elisabeth is 91 and still doing her job. Maybe the lavender at least makes it healthier? Nevertheless life is about enjoying yourself. Having this Lavender Vodka Cocktail together with friends that is enjoyment.
You can also use the homemade lavender sirup as the base for a nice, sugar free lemonade. Since lavender has some real health benefits this might be interesting for you.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF LAVENDER – HOPEFULLY INCL. LAVENDER VODKA COCKTAIL:
- Against anxiety
- Promotes sleep
- Supposed to improve headaches
- To calm your nerves
- Skin issues like acne
- Smell repells mosquitos
- Works against nausea
The pretty coloring of the Lavender Vodka Cocktail is natural. I used butterfly pea flowers to color the tea. Butterfly tea flowers are used in Ayurvedic medicine. Further in Asia the tea is long known for its health benefits. Butterfly pea flowers makes a bright blue tea that turns pink when for example lemon is added. Further is supposedly lowers blood pressure, is anti-anxiety, anti-asthmatic and works as a pain reliever. I will cover the health benefits of butterfly pea flower tea in an upcoming post.
Lavender Vodka Cocktail with Homemade Lavender SyrupPrint This
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Erythritol
- 2 tbsp Lavender Blossoms – dried Lavender
- 2 Lemons – Juice of the lemons
- 10 Butterfly Pea Flowers
Lavender Vodka Cocktail
- 1.5 ounce Vodka
- 3/4 ounce Lavender Syrup
- 1 Lemon Juice of the lemon
- Ice cubes
How to make the Lavender Syrup?
- Add all the ingredients for the Lavender Syrup besides the lemon juice to a pot. Let it come to a boil and then simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Let it cool down before you add the lemon juice.
- The syrup will have a bright blue color until you add the lemon. With the lemon it will turn purple.
- Chill the Lavender Syrup for at least 4 hours.
How to make the Lavender Vodka Cocktail?
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with lots of ice cubes.
- Shake well and then serve either straight to a martini glas or on the rocks in a tumbler. If you do not have a shaker use a glas with a lid and the strain.
The syrup will last up to 2 weeks in your fridge. You can also make the Lavender Syrup without the Butterfly Pea Flowers, will still taste great. Unfortunately the color will be rather grey.