I made these Minty Strawberry Popsicles for my birthday party since I knew I would have some hungry kids over that all love ice cream. Further I have to admit I am always trying to convince my friends that healthy food does not have to be boring. What better way to show them then their kids loving these healthy snacks. Making popsicles with fresh fruit is an easy way to make your kids eat more fruit. You could even add some vegetables to the smoothie base and they would not notice.
You do not need to feel bad anymore when your kids ask for special treat. I am pretty certain that you will probably love them as much as your kids do. If you are looking for a more adult popsicle version, try my Tonka Gin Tonic Popsicles. The Minty Strawberry Popsicles are quick and easy to prepare and a much healthier choice then most store bought popsicles that contain refined sugar, something you do not want to add to your or your kids diet.
Finally the berry season has started and you can buy great tasting strawberries again. If you are lucky like me you do grow your own strawberries in your garden next to other fruits and vegetables. Growing your own vegetables and fruits is a great opportunity to show your kids that food does not grow in the supermarket and how fun it is to eat something that you have grown yourself.
Was so cute to watch the daughter of my friend that was visiting for my birthday, the little girl was busy gardening and watering my plants in the garden. Did not really matter it just rained a lot the day before. Do not worry that they will have dirty hands and clothes, you can wash both but your kids will have fun outside and learn new things.
Minty Strawberry Popsicles - Healthy Ice Cream for kids and adultsPrint This
Minty Strawberry Popsicles
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk – Full fat
- 2 tbsp Agave Syrup – if the strawberries are really sweet, leave the sweetener out.
- 20 leaves Mint – fresh
Chocolate Coconut Dip
- 2 oz Chocolate Dark – I used vegan, you can use regular as well
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- Puree your strawberries, mint and agave syrup with the coconut milk until you have a very fine smoothie texture.
- Pour the smoothie in the popsicle moulds and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil, make sure it is liquid but not hot anymore before you dip your popsicles in the chocolate.
- Get the popsicles out of the moulds, quick rinse under warm water helps, dip the popsicle quickly in the liquid chocolate, wait a second then quickly sprinkle the coconut flakes on the still soft chocolate.