Yes, I do like healthy food but once in a while I can not have another smoothie or salad but want some comfort food, some healthy carbs. When you are gluten free chance is you are not eating pasta very often, maybe once in a while when you are at home and you have some gluten free choices. Gluten free pasta used to be pretty boring and the consistency was somehow strange. Therefore I stayed away from pasta until I found some better choices then the plain rice pasta. Sometimes you just need to look at different options to find the one that suits you. Was the same with pizza. Until I discovered Pizza with Cauliflower Pizza Crust I pretty much never had pizza. Now I need my pizza every other week as well as my gluten-free Pasta with Tomato, Olives, Artichoke.
I used chickpea pasta I recently discovered at my local supermarket and I have to say they are close to the real thing. If you are normally a fan of whole wheat pasta than you should for sure try buckwheat. Has the same flavor as regular whole wheat pasta just without gluten. For the sauce I used the things I do had in my fridge and actually have most of the time. I would guess that many of the ingredients are regulars in your fridge as well. I want to show you that you do not need to buy tomato sauce but you can use fresh ingredients and come up with a quick, easy and healthy sauce for your pasta. I used vegan parmesan for my gluten-free Pasta with Tomato, Olives, Artichoke but you can use regular parmesan as well.
Gluten-free Pasta with Tomato, Olives, ArtichokesPrint This
- 1 Onion
- 2 Artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup Olives – green and black mixed
- 8 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 cup Vodka – if you have kids at the table you can leave the vodka out.
- Sea Salt – For seasoning
- Black Pepper For seasoning
- 4 cups Chickpea Pasta Fussili – Or any pasta you like
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- In a big pot bring water to boil, add that 1 stp sea salt and add the chickpea pasta. Boil until tender for about 8 minutes.
- Peel the onion and cut in small cubes as well as the garlic. In a pan heat the olive oil and sautee the onions and garlic.
- Quarter the tomatoes, take the seeds out, cut the flesh from the skin and chopp the tomatoes. Peel the carrot and cut in small cubes. First add the carrots to the onions and garlic and sautee as well. Add the tomatoes and the vodka and oregano and heat everything for around 5 minutes.
- Quarter the artichokes and add to the sauce as well as the olives. Heat for another 2 minutes and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve the sauce on top of your pasta and add some vegan or regular parmesan.