Most of the time the best ideas for recipes come to me, when I was not shopping for a few days and look in the refrigerator. My strength in cooking has always been to combine unconventional ingredients into a recipe. This usually happens when the ingredients are the only ones remaining or the date of expiry is approaching. Until the purchased peaches and the ginger look at me at the same time from the inside of my fridge, I would not have the idea to combine both to this vegan peach ginger ricotta ice cream. The ice cream is vegan, because I used homemade almond ricotta. You can also take ordinary, store bought ricotta.
Almond ricotta may sound a bit complicated, but it can be easily made.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN ALMOND RICOTTA?
- Either you buy peeled almonds or you soak the unpeeled almonds for about 12 hours in water. Then you can simply press the almonds out of the skin.
- You need about 250 g almonds, juice of half a lemon, a pinch of salt, the contents of two probiotic capsules and 1 cup of cold water.
- Pour the peeled almonds and all other ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Place a sieve over a bowl, cover with a cotton or cheese cloth, pour in the almond mass, close with the cheese cloth.
- Then weight down everything with a closed jar filled with water.
- Leave the almond for about 10 hours.
- Then you can make the almond ricotta into ice cream or mix with herbs for a savory version.
The simpler, completely legitimate way would be to buy ricotta from milk. Personally, my small experiments always challenge me, so I try to do a lot myself. Of course, I understand, if someone is lacking patience.
Nutrition is something very personal. Everyone has, fortunately, a different taste, reacts to food differently. Of course, I am a fan of healthy diet, from fresh ingredients, which are still seasonal and from the region. Nevertheless, there should always be a certain form of flexibility. This does not apply to foods you are allergic to, such as gluten. But if you eat something that is supposedly unhealthy because it is simply delicious, then you should also enjoy it.
The vegan peach ginger ricotta ice cream is the fastest to make in an ice machine. If you do not have an ice machine, you can use the freezer for the preparation. It is important that the mass is stirred regularly. If you forget to stir, larger ice crystals can form.
Vegan Peach Ginger Ricotta Ice CreamPrint This
What do you need for making Vegan Peach Ginger Ricotta Ice Cream?
- 1 cup Almond Ricotta see above
- 5 Peaches
- 1 inch Ginger fresh, grated
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 6 tbsp Erythrit or Agave Syrup
How to make Vegan Ginger Peach Ricotta Ice Cream?
- Wash the peaches, peel them from the core and cut into small cubes.
- Place them together with all other ingredients in the blender. Operate at the highest level until a homogeneous mass has formed.
- Add the mass to an ice cream machine and stir until you have a creamy ice cream. Or place the mixture in a container with lid in your freezer.
- Stir thoroughly every 30 minutes with a snow bean or a fork until the consistency is firm enough.