My love for peanut butter is not a secret anymore, not even a well hidden secret. When it is paired with my other love chocolate then I am beyond happy. If you are as well a lover of those two then hopefully you have tried my recipe for Peanut Butter Protein Bliss Balls if not, I can higly recommend it. Other option, you make this really easy and quick reipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars. In this case I got the compliment “that stuff in the fridge is the best you have made so far”. Probably have to add they have not tried everything I made. But even I was surprised when I mixed all of my favorite ingredients and this was the result. Best thing next to being quick it is rather healthy for a snack since it does contain some fiber through the quinoa and amaranth and no refined sugar, only added a tiny bit of erythrit to sweeten it.
As long as I can think of , I always loved chocolate with puffed rice, one of my special treats. This is my version of id but with more nutrition through the quinoa and amaranth and some additional peanut butter taste. Puffed amaranth and quinoa are always in my stock since they are a perfect addition for any joghurt you are eating, gives it the extra crunch and adds additional fiber. Amaranth is not as know as quinoa but equally healthy. Further, it is one of the oldest cultured plants and even though some might think, it is actually not a real grain.
Compared to most grains amaranth contains less carbohydrates but those will be easily absorbed by our body. Further, amaranth is filled with healthy fibers that keep you full longer and make sure that your blood sugar does not raise quickly when eating carbs. So you can see, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars are not a totally unhealthy treat. I believe once in a while we all need to spoil ourselves a bit.
There is no baking involved you only need to melt the chocolate and peanut butter together and thats pretty much it. The flowers and beetroot powder I pretty much only added for the picture you can just leave those out or maybe drizzle some melted chocolate on top, should work very well. My Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars are gluten free but not vegan since I did not have vegan chocolate available when making them but when you do, you can easily turn this recipe into a vegan version.
Peanut Butter Chocolate BarsPrint This
- 1/2 cup Quinoa – puffed
- 1/2 cup Amaranth – puffed
- 2 tbsp Maca Powder
- 3.5 oz Chocolate dark, at least 70% cocoa
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter – unsweetend
- 1-2 tbsp Erythrit – I do not like a very sweet
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Butter
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Melt Coconut oil, cocoa butter, chocolate, peanut butter, sea salt and erythrit and mix well. Either in the microwave on low or in a double boiler on some water.
- Add the Maca to the mixture and then in a bowl the amaranth and quinoa. Be quick you do not want them all soggy but crunchy.
- Either roll them into balls or press them in a brownie form that you have lined with parchment paper. Press into the form.
- Put the balls or the brownie form for 30 minutes in the freezer, afterwards slice into bars or squarres.