Yes, I do love sweets, I have to admit. I believe there are a few people that only like hearty food and will not fall for sweets. I am for sure not one of them. Since I changed my eating habits I try to eat no refined sugar. When you do love sweets, not always easy. Therefore I created these Protein Energy Bliss Balls that only have natural sugar from the dates to give you some energy.
These Protein Energy Bliss Balls are the perfect snack. They are easy and fast to make, you can store them in your fridge and take some with you in a small container so you can indulge in them when you feel they need for some energy. I always store a couple of them in my fridge at work for my afternoon low and take some with me when I am traveling or need to attend an event like a trade show. With my Protein Energy Bliss Balls I am likely not snacking on the sugary treats that are always around. You can also try my Peanut Butter Protein Bliss Balls as a change.
Be creative with your Protein Energy Bliss Balls. I use a superfood mixture mix of guarana, maca, lucuma, spirulina, Acai berry powder, wheat grass and cocoa powder. You can use any other superfood mixture containing those ingredients or just add create your own mix. Does not really matter for the taste if you do not add acai berry powder for example. The guarana and maca are the ingredients that are responsible for the energy, together with the sugar from the dates. The added cocoa and cashew nuts help to boost brain levels of serotonin. High serotonin levels can support your mood, put you in a happier place. Further some cocoa nibs for the crunch.
Because of the hemp protein I use this recipe is not only as always gluten free but also vegan. If you only have for example whey protein on hand, you can use it too, just be careful about an added sweeteners. With the dates and prunes you really do not want anything else in it making them sweeter. Hemp protein is one of the healthiest vegan choices for adding protein. It contains 20 amino acids, 9 of them can not be produced by your body alone. Further hemp protein is loaded with fiber and the essential healthy fatty acids Omega-3 as well as Omega-6 in a ratio of 3:1.
Vegan Protein Energy Bliss BallsPrint This
- 1 cup Dates soaked for 30 minutes
- 7 Prunes soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp Hemp Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Purasana Vitality Powder or a mix of guarana, maca, lucuma, acai berry and wheat grass
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Goji Berries or Cranberries
- 1 tbsp Cashew Nuts Or any other nuts
- 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Nibs
- Soak your dates and prunes for approx. 30 minutes in some hot water. The prunes not only help your digestion but give the Protein Energy Bliss Balls more of a chocolate taste.
- Add all ingredients besides Goji Berries, Cashew nuts and Cocoa nibs to your mixer. On pulse mix everything until you have a slightly moist texture and all ingredients are really whisked well.
- Add the Goji Berries, Cashew Nuts and Cocoa Nibs and put the mixer on pulse again. You do not want those ingredients to be ground too fine.
- Use your hands to roll little balls, place in a container and best store in your fridge. I recommend to only take a small amount with you and leave the rest of them in the fridge.