I do not know about you, but fall and I will not become friends anymore. Unfortunately, it is mostly gray, cold and it rains outside. Usually I do not know what to wear, either you freeze or wear too much. A few things make the fall more beautiful though. Everywhere there is pumpkin to buy. With pumpkin you can do many delicious things. Here I share with you my Pumpkin Almond Milk with with Pumpkin Spice.
In North America “Pumpkin Spice” has long been a hit. The Pumpkin Spice Latte has now arrived in Europe as well. Not only do you get it at Starbucks, who had it first on their card. Almost every coffee shop runs a version of this popular coffee drink during the fall.
Unfortunately, the purchased version contains little pumpkin, lots of sugar and many calories. With my delicious pumpkin Almond Milk with Pumpkin Spice, you can make this fall drink wonderful yourself. For your latte the finished Pumpkin Almond Milk with Pumpkin Spice is simply heated and slightly foamed. Finally, you give on the warm milk just your espresso and then your homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte is finished.
Of course you do not have to take almond milk for your Pumpkin Spice Latte. Instead of homemade almond milk, you can make the pumpkin milk with Pumpkin Spice and regular milk. Ready is your delicious fall drink that children and adults love. Maybe you will become fall fans with this drink.
I share with you below how to make your own Pumpkin Spice. Unfortunately, you can not buy the finished mixture in Germany. You need for the pumpkin almond milk not the entire amount, it is enough for a small amount. But I’m sure you’ll get a taste for it and use the mixture for other purposes. It fits wonderful in porridge, cookie dough, waffles or for your cake.
Vegan Pumpkin Almond Milk with Pumpkin SpicePrint This
What do you need for homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix?
- 4 tbsp Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Ginger – dried
- 1 tbsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Piment
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
What do you need for Pumpkin Almond Milk with Pumpkin Spice?
- 1 cup Almonds – Soaked for at least 4 hours
- 4 cups Water
- 2-4 Dates – Soaked for at least 1 hour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree – Oven Roasted, no skin
- 1-2 tbsp Pumpkin Spice – See above
How to make Pumpkin Almond Milk with Pumpkin Spice?
- Put the pumpkin in the oven and roast at 325° Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes. I only use the pulp without skin from a Hokaido or Butternut Squash. Normally with the Hokaido you could also use the skin. Let the Hokaido cool and mash with a fork.
- Put the water, salt and the almonds in a blender. Mix on high for around 2 minutes. Pour through a nut milk bag or a very fine colander in a bowl.
- Add the Pumpkin flesh, dates and spices with the other ingredients in a blender. On high speed mix until you have a very fine liquid. Worst case pour through a colander again.
- For your own Pumpkin Latte warm and foam the milk and add your Espresso.
How to make Pumpkin Spice?
- Mix all spices together and store in an container.
Instead of using Almond Milk you could also use soy milk or regaular milk. Just mix with Pumpkin Spice, Dates and the Pumpkin Flesh.