Do you live a healthy life and get asked by people if this is boring? Are family and friends afraid to come over for dinner because they know you do eat very healthy? I promise you when you serve them this Raw Chocolate Ganache Tarte they will never ask you that question again. Once in a while we all need to indulge in some sweet treat. This Raw Chocolate Ganache Tarte is easy to prepare and has only a bit of coconut flower sugar in it.
I was surprised how easy it is to make this tarte and you will be too. No baking, nothing very complicated but you only mix some ingredients. Those ingredients are perfect to make people happy. Who does not love nuts and chocolate? I served this cake to friends who are not the biggest fans of healthy food and now they beg to come over for dinner.
You can vary the nuts you use for the tarte. I have not tried but could imagine that using sunflower seeds and sunflower butter would work for a nut free version of this Raw Chocolate Ganache Tarte. I vary with nuts and nut butter, depending on the flavor I want and the season. Further I sometimes add different spices to the nuts like cinnamon, clove or even chili. You could also add those to the chocolate ganache but since the chocolate taste is very strong it is hard to overcome. And actually who does not want that delicious taste of chocolate?
While writing down the text I am thinking it would also taste amazing to put some raspberries into the Ganache or Cacao Nibs. With all the chocolate you are also adding happiness to your life with increasing the serotonin level in your blood. Raw chocolate also adds antioxidants that support the health of your heart. Chocolate has way more flavonoids than an apple. If this is not a great excuse to eat more chocolate I do not know.
Raw Chocolate Ganache TartePrint This
What do you need for the Crust?
- 1 1/2 cups Nuts – Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans – single or mixed. Please soak before for 8 hours.
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Bean – or 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Water – start with one
What do you need for the Chocolate Ganache?
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Nut or Seed Butter – Go with what you have in your crust
- 1/3 cup Agave Syrup – Honey or Maple Syrup is fine
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Butter
- 1 Vanilla Bean – Vanilla Extract is fine as well
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 cup Water – Warm
- For the crust on low-medium speed mix the nuts in your blender. Add the melted coconut oil and then slowly drizzle the water in. You should receive a fine but still crumbly texture.
- Line a springform tart tin with cling film and press the crust inside. You can do an only bottom crust or also line the sides. Place the tart tin in the freezer while you work on the ganache.
- Add all ingredients besides the warm water to a blender and turn medium speed up. While the blender is running slowly drizzle the warm water in. The mixture needs some time to emulsify.
- If you do not have a blender that can do the work, you can also heat all ingredients in a pot on low heat and mix.
- Poor the Ganache into the crust and place it in the fridge for at least 3 hours or in the freezer for one hour.
- Decorate the finished Raw Chocolate Tarte with shaved chocolate, fruit or anything else that comes to your mind.
You can add spices like more cinnamon, clove, anise, ginger or cardammon in it. The ganache can be flavored with using coffee instead of water.