With the diagnosis of celiac disease or a gluten intolerance, the thought is of all the things you might never eat again. You never think you can eat pasta, bread or delicious cakes again. Wrong, as you have hopefully seen on my blog, even without gluten you can enjoy these dishes. Many dishes such as bread or pastry can be made by yourself. In addition, the industry has responded. Delicious pasta without gluten are now available at almost every supermarket. The other ingredients for my Spaghetti with Lemon Sauce are a lot of times available in your kitchen.
You only need a few lemons for the sauce. Important are untreated lemons, as you also need the skin. If your lemons are not untreated, it is best to put them in hot water for a few minutes. Then scrub well with a kitchen or paper towel. I love for lemon zest my Microplane Zesten grater, no lemon is safe from me. What used to be work is now easy.
Good tools are important for cooking. Of course it does not have to be every gadget, important are good and amost important sharp knives, a few good pots and pans. You should not save here.
When it’s cold outside, sometimes I need some sun on my plate. Spaghetti with lemon sauce is not only sun on the plate but also in the mouth. I especially like that this dish can be prepared so quickly. If you have spontaneous guests, you can conjure up a delicious dish for little money. Of course you can also make this recipe with plain durum wheat spaghetti. If you are looking for a more fall like pasta dish try my Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Sage Butter.
Spaghetti with Lemon SaucePrint This
What do you need for Spaghetti with Lemon Sauce?
- 1 package Spaghetti – gluten-free or any other Spaghetti you like
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Lemons – with untreated skin
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Parmesan – Freshly grated
- Sea Salt – For seasoning
- Black Pepper – For seasoning
- 4 tbsp Black Olives – Fresh or dried from the dehydrator
How do you prepare the Spaghetti with Lemon Sauce?
- Cook the spaghetti in salt water al dente (about 9 minutes).
- While doing so, grate the skin from the two untreated lemons. Then squeeze out both lemons.
- In a large top, mix the lemon juice with the olive oil.
- Peel and chop the garlic, add the grated Parmesan to the lemon sauce, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Finally, add half of the lemon zest. You should keep some Parmesan as well for later.
- Slightly heat the lemon sauce on a very low heat. It just should not be freezing cold.
- Drain the spaghetti through a sieve. Please never rinse with cold water. Your sauce will not stick to it so well afterwards.
- Add the spaghetti to the lemon sauce and mix well. Either serve directly in the pot or put everything in a large bowl.
- Put some Parmesan cheese, the rest of the lemon peel and chopped or dehydrated olives on the pasta. Chopped parsley or lemon thyme also go very well with this dish.