Sometimes it seems that I eat only healthy and vegan things. Do not be scared or trip over the tamarind lemongrass roasted chicken. Above all I, as you can see from the number of vegan recipes, have a great liking for a vegan diet. If someone renounces alcohol, I understand that as well. But meat and fish as well as a good wine, beer or schnapps are part of my life. For this reason, everything in moderation and good quality. In addition very important, everyone as he likes. At the top of my list of things I would not like to live without is a crispy roast chicken.
Unfortunately it is not so easy to prepare the perfect roast chicken. On the outside, it has to be crispy with a well spiced, aromatic skin. Under the skin needs to be juicy, spicy meat, then the roast chicken is perfect, at least for me. As long as you pay attention to a few things, it is not so difficult to make a great roast chicken. I will explain this to you with my tamarind lemongrass roast chicken.
The most important thing is certainly the quality of the chicken. Here you should really put emphasis on quality, the final result will be much more convincing. Therefore, I highly recommend to you an organic chicken. Further, this is also true for a good chicken bone broth. Why would you make a bone broth for your health in the first place if you do not buy great quality products?
Otherwise, I have a few more tips on how to prepare a crispy and yet juicy roast chicken. I dissolve for my chicken 1 cup of salt in 0.5 of water. You can count on about 0.5 cup of salt per 16 fl.oz.. Then you take a very large freezer bag into which does hold your chicken. Put the chicken in the bag and next pour in the salt water. The salt water should just surround the chicken. Then knot the bag at the top or close tightly with a clamp. Allow the chicken to bath in the salt water for a few hours or overnight.
As a resukt of the sea salt bath the meat get a slightly better texture. The salt changes the protein structure. For the perfect roast chicken you must not save on seasoning. But with the tamarind lemongrass marinade I have little to no concerns. Further it does help to cook your roast chicken first breast down. After about 30 minutes, simply turn the chicken over otherwise just finish grilling. In any case, I’ve found that hot air is not so suitable to roast the chicken because the meat can dry quickly. I summarize my little tips for you once again.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN:
- Pay attention to the quality of your chicken, best buy organic
- Treat the chicken to a salt bath for a few hours, see instructions above
- Season the chicken well
- The oven should be well preheated
- Cook the chicken first with the breast down
- Do not use hot air for roasting
With my regards to my preference for exotic spices this is certainly nothing new. An exotic meal can be like a small vacation. If you want to try more exotic spices look for my Tom Kha Gai Coconut Soup with galangal. Maybe not necessarily so exotic but a fitting appetizer for the tamarind lemongrass roast chicken with fennel are the Summer Rolls with Peanut Dip.
Tamarind Lemongrass Roast ChickenPrint This
What do you need for the Tamarind Lemongrass Roast Chicken?
- A chicken – good quality best organic
- 2 tablespoons of tamarind marrow from the glass
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 4 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 limes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 Fennel
- The chicken has has hopefully oan overnight bath in a saline solution (see above)
- Preheat oven to 380 degree Fahrenheit
- Pad the chicken dry
- In a bowl mix the of tamarind marrow, Tamari (soy sauce), juice of one lime, sesame oil and the very finely chopped garlic.
- Tap the lemongrass a little, preferably simply work it with the bottom of a pot to release the essential oils. Then cut the lemongrass into very fine slices and add to the other marinade ingredients. The marinade is best left for 20 minutes.
- Wash the fennel and cut into slices that are not too thin
- Quarter the left lime
- Season the inside of the chicken with the lime and add the lime quarters
- Put the chicken in an ovenproof dish and brush well with the marinade.
- Roast the chicken with the breast down for 30 minutes.
- Lift the chicken briefly, put the fennel in the dish.
- Brush the chicken again with the marinade and place it on the fennel with the breast up.
- Cook fennel and chicken, breast side up, for another 30 minutes. Turn on the grill again for the last 5 minutes.
- Stand next to it, so that nothing burns.
- Turn off the oven and let the chicken rest in the closed oven for another 5-10 minutes.