I love muffins or the better question is, who does not love muffins? Unfortunately, most muffins have too much sugar and unhealthy carbs. I tried to unite my love for muffins and carrot cake to a dainty, gluten-free Carrot Apple Muffin. They are even vegan, because I forgot to add the planned egg and since nevertheless they tasted so perfect when they were done, I have decided to omit it in this recipe as well.
You can prepare the muffins in larger quantities and freeze them. In the evening you take them out from the freezer and the morning either briefly put the carrot apple muffins in the oven or shortly on the toaster. Your definitely do not need to feel guilty if you have children and they want something sweet. You can give them with a clear conscience these delicious muffins. Although they contain some sugar, do not worry, not much. But they have fresh vegetables and fruits. You slip them without your kid noticing.
I recently made Apple Cinnamon Granola, where apple, dates and cinnamon is mashed and mixed later with the other ingredients. This apple cinnamon date mass was so delicious that I thought about where else I could use this delicious mixture. Right now when it is gray outside and the days getting shorter, we all want some soul food.
For me cinnamon certainly belongs to soul food. Cinnamon reminds us at Christmas but for me cinnamon is not only for Christmas. Why is cinnamon so healthy? Cinnamon can affect blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels positively. It is won from the bark of the cinnamon tree. For harvesting, the outer layers are removed and the inside is dried.
Vegan, gluten free Carrot Apple MuffinPrint This
- 1 Banana ripe, mashed
- 1 Apple – grated
- 8 Dates – Soaked for 1 hour
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flower Sugar – or use brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Carrots – fresh, grated
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour – You can use any other flour if you are not gluten free.
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- Mash the banana, core the apple and cut it into small pieces. Put banana, apple, almond milk, dates, coconut flower sugar and cinnamon in the mixer and blend to a nice, creamy liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 340° Fahrenheit.
- Grate the carrots and put them in a big bowl. Add the oats, rice flour, almonds, backing powder and – soda. Stir the pretty much dry ingredients with the apple, date mixture until everything is damp.
- Put paper muffin cups into the muffin tins. Add the dough into the paper muffin cups and top either with chopped or whole walnuts. Walnuts have a lot of healthy Omega 3.
- Bake for approx. 45 minutes, until they have a nice golden color. Just make sure they do not turn too brown.
Let them cool down a bit. Until they are totally cooled of the will have a more fluffy, flaky texture. You have done nothing wrong. When they are cooled of they will be a bit more dense but still very moist.