Never been a huge breakfast person even though they say it is the most important meal of the day. Since I believe every meal of the day should be an amazing meal I would not agree. Still for Chocolate Granola with homemade Coconut Yoghurt and fresh fruit I will make an exception. If anyhow possible please after 10 am then it is even better.
Every morning we wake up and hopefully are excited about a new day. Yes, sometimes we press the snooze button on our alarm and do not want to leave the comfortness of our bed. Especially right now with the season changing and some grey mornings it is not getting easier. We miss those days when the sun was shining and we felt that the outside world is just waiting for us. The motivation to jump up, when it is grey outside and maybe even raining, is lacking. A while ago I started a little routine of meditation every morning. Not sure if you have every tried meditation but it is something I can highly recommend.
Sitting down every morning for 10 to 15 minutes with some meditative music and focusing on just breathing, clearing my head has helped me tremendously. I am more focused, grateful and motivated for everything a head. Through deep breathing I am learning to let go and to have faith into what is coming. Sure it is not easy to be motivated each morning to do this but afterwards I am rewarded. The tension in my back is going away and I am proud of myself for taking the time to connect with myself.
Not only meditation does help me but also cooking. When I prepare new recipes like this Chocolate Granola I take the time to focus myself. While I am getting everything ready I am certain that I only use what is best for me. I want my body to get the right nutrition for a good start into the day. This Chocolate Granola is not a low calorie food because of the nuts it does contain but you will get the right nutritions. Those nutritions will help your body to have enough energy for your daily tasks.
With all the craziness in our lives we should not forget taking care of ourselves. A good start into the day with a nutritious breakfast gives you the fuel. You need protein, fibers and some healthy carbohydrates in order to function. Therefore sit down, take the time every morning to be grateful for another opportunity to be the best version of yourself.
Vegan Chocolate GranolaPrint This
What do you need for making vegan Chocolate Granola?
- 1 cup Hemp Seeds – Activated in water for at least 8 hours
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds – Activated in water for at least 8 hours
- 1 cup Buckwheat – Sprouted or at least soaked in water for 8 hours
- 1 cup Oatmeal Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Walnuts – Activated in water for at least 8 hours
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Nibs
- 6 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
- 5 tbsp Maple Syrup or Agave Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
How do you make vegan Chocolate Granola?
- Soak nuts for at least 8 hours to make them easier to digest. Do the same with the hemp and sunflower seeds. The buckwheat I soak for 20 minutes, rinse and put them in a sprouting glas.
- The buckwheat needs around 24 hours with rinsing the buckwheat every 12 hours for sprouting. Sprouting makes them even easier to digest then just soaking. Further they will have less starch and a lower glycemic index.
- Add chopped nuts, buckwheat, sunflower seeds as well as chia seeds and oatmeal to a big bowl. Sprinkle the cocoa and all other spices on top and gently mix everything until evenly spread.
- On low heat melt coconut oil and Maple Syrup as well as the vanilla extract.
- Poor the oil and Maple Syrup mixture over everything in the bowl. Gently combine everything. If it is too dry you can add a bit of water. If you do like it much sweeter some more Maple Syrup.
- Either place everything on some parchment paper and bake at 200° Fahrenheit for around 4 hours or until crunchy or you use a a dehydrator like me. In the dehydrator it takes around 12 hours. I think easier, healthier and you save a lot of energy and do not have to worry you burn anything.