First I need to say sorry for not posting in a while but I was so busy with work, friends and family that my priorities had to shift a bit away from my blog. Unfortunately the day has only 24 hours and my energy level is also not limitless. As much as I love my blog and I love sharing great content with you guys it still should be fun and not stressful therefore I did decide during the last 3 weeks that it is okay to not be present and not not post anything since I can not do it all. We all need to realize I believe that it is okay to not be Superwoman or Superman. We all do put so much pressure on ourselves to do it all that we forget to live in the moment and to really enjoy what we are doing.
Especially when I am stressed and my body needs more nutrients to deal with the stress it actually gets harder. We care so much about getting everything done, making everyone happy, our boss, our family and our friends that we do forget to make our body happy and more importantly our mind. In stressful times your body is at high alert, this is still from ancient times. Our body produces more cortisol this increases the blodd sugar in our blood to have energy and our muscles will be better supplied with blood. Both needed to be able to run away from any dangers happening.
Unfortunately if you do not take time to come down and to reduce your stress your body witll constantly be in this alarm mode, producing more and more cortisol until your body is too tired to do that anymore. This is called adrenal fatigue syndrom.
SIGNS OF ADRENAL FATIGUE SYNDROM:
- Being easily over-whelmed with stress since your body does not produce enough hormons to work agains that stress.
- Constantly being tired.
- Anxiety attacks.
- Loosing patience easily
Therefore I highly recommend to find your own routines to deal better with stress, for example meditation, taking a bath, reading, yoga or like me cooking. I felt so stressed last couple of weeks and so more stressed I was the less I did those things that help against that feeling. When I took the time make the Eggplant Pizza I realized again how happy cooking makes me. I hope you will like the Eggplant Pizza recipe as well and it will make you as happy as it made me making it.
Low-Carb, Vegan Eggplant PizzaPrint This
- 1 Big Eggplant
- 1 1/2 Cups Shiitake Mushrooms
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3/4 Cup Tomato Sauce – You can find for example a recipe for it when you look at Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 1/2 Bunch Basil
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Pine nuts
- 1/3 Cup Nutrional Yeast
- 1/3 -2/3 Cup Olive Oil – Depending on the consistancy you like
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt – For seasoning
- Black Pepper – For Seasoning
- Wash the eggplant and cut them either length or squarre, 0.5 inch thickness. Put them on some paper towels and sprinkle a lot of sea salt on them until they are really coated from all sides. Do not worry you will wash the water away, this will take some of the bitterness out. Leave them for approx. 20 minutes.
- While you are waiting for your eggplant you can brush your shiitake mushrooms and cut them in thin slices. Heat up half of the coconut oil and brown them with some sea salt until they have some color.
- Wash the eggplants under some running water and dry them on some paper towel. Heat the rest of the coconut oil in a pan and for around1-2 minutes on each side brown your eggplants.
- Put all ingredients for the vegan pesto in a mixer, turn on high for around 2-3 minutes, slowly adding more olive oil until you have the favored consistancy.
Preheat your oven to 350°, put your eggplants on some baking sheet, put 2-3 tbsp of tomato sauce on each eggplant slice, add some mushrooms. Drizzle some pesto on top of the mushrooms. You make that easy I mixed some pesto with a bit of water.
- Put the eggplants in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Maybe drizzle some more pesto on top. Enjoy!!
If you are not vegan you might want to add some cheese like feta or goat cheese on top.