As admitted before I am a huge fan of anything tartare. Since 90 percent of my diet are usually vegan it is very obvious I had to come up with a tasty vegan tartare version. This Mango Green Apple Tartare with Fennel Stock is the perfect starter for your summer menu. You might think this sounds more like a dessert you are wrong. This dish has very savory flavors that make it the perfect starter or main course on a hot summer day.
I love the bright colors, especially the green which is added through the fennel stock around the Mango Green Apple Tartare. Maybe you are not a huge fennel fan, then maybe look at my recipe for Tuna Tartare with Grilled Watermelon. There I added a Cucumber Ginger Stock that would also work with this Mango Green Apple Tartare. Do not worry the Cucumber Ginger Stock is vegan and therefore can be easily added to this vegan dish.
As with any dish the better the ingredients the better the taste of your dish. For this Mango Green Apple Tartare the key are ripe and juicy mangos. Therefore make sure they have the right quality or you will be missing the fun in this dish. Mangos are also very healthy. Since they have lots of pectin and fiber they keep you filled for a while and further add a nice dose of Vitamin C to your diet.
Vegan Mango Green Apple Tartare with Fennel StockPrint This
What do you need for the Mango Green Apple Tartare?
- 2 Mangos Fresh and ripe
- 2 Green Apples
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce if you are not gluten free
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed oil
- Sea Salt – for seasoning
- Black Pepper for seasoning
What do you need for the Fennel Stock?
- 2 Fennels
- 1/2 inch Grated Ginger if you also use a juicer you can just juice the ginger with the fennel
- (2) (cups) Water (optional if you need to use a blender instead of a juicer)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt for seasoning
How to make Mango Apple Tartare?
- Cut the mango of the pit and peel. Cut 0.5 inch or a bit smaller cubes. Wash the green apple and also cut into the same size as the mango. Put everything in a bowl.
- Wash the cilantro, take the leaves of the stem and chop them a bit. Wash the spring onion and cut into very small slices.
- Add cilantro and spring onion to the bowl with the mango and green apple.
- In a separate bowl, mix tamari, oil and lime juice, poor everything into the bowl with the mango and apple, mix, making sure that everything is nicely coated.
- Leave for 30 minutes, then taste and maybe season with some more sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve in a deep dish with some fennel stock (s.b.) poured around it. Garnish with some cilantro.
How to make Fennel Stock?
- Put the fennel and ginger through your juicer.
- (If you do not have a juicer, blend small cut fennel, water and grated ginger in your blender until very smooth. Afterwards put the liquid through a strainer.)
- Season your fennel juice with some sea salt and black pepper. Serve the fennel stock poured around your Mango Green Apple Tartare.