Those of you who have already been to the USA will most likely have stumbled across “Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting” or “Cinnabons” in the supermarket or in one of the many coffee shops. For every cinnamon lover, the ultimate “mess” and worth every calorie. Since my planned trip to New York has to be cancelled due to the Covid-19 virus, I started to rebuild the recipe. What can I say, my cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting are so delicious that I couldn’t stop eating. Now my journey can wait a little bit longer. If you’re a fan as well, you can easily bake the Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting. Okay, of course you should get lucky and get yeast, helps. Otherwise the steps are really easy.
There are a few basics you should keep in mind to make the Cinnamon Rolls nice and fluffy. The hardest thing, at least for me, is to have patience. The dough has to rise twice and there are a few steps you have to work through. If you stick to it, you will be rewarded with delicious Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting. Believe me, when the day comes and you are allowed back into the office, your colleagues will be thrilled when you greet them with the Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Tips for the perfect Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Make sure that all your ingredients are at least room temperature, this applies to the butter, eggs and also the milk.
- The milk must not be heated too much, otherwise your yeast will die and the dough will not rise properly.
- I prefer easy rising yeast . It is certainly possible with fresh yeast, but unfortunately I can’t contribute much to that.
- Before baking I pour warmed cream over the rolls. You can also leave it out, but then the rolls will be a bit firmer.
- Give the dough enough time to rise in a warm, but not too hot place.
Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting Print This
Ingredients for the Dough:
Ingredients for the Filling:
Ingredients for the Frosting: